Being pregnant is carrying a blessing in the body. Its a beautiful feeling of joy and glory where infinite love blooms in the heart.
Pointers for what to eat during pregnancy-
- Eat a fruit along with a handful of dry fruits within ten minutes of walking up
- Have a homemade nutritious breakfast one hour after the fruit . Avoid bread, pickles and sauces at this time.
- Have lunch between 11 a.m. to max 1 p.m. Dont delay this meal.
- Eat a variety of cereals ( like whole wheat, jowar, bajra, rice, nachni etc) for lunch along with with fresh veggies and dal.
- Have curd or chaas post lunch after a two hour gap. Avoid adding salt and sugar, but feel free to add fresh black pepper or jeera
- Preferably cut down on chai/coffee to not more than one cup a day (also made at home )
- Include cheese, paneer, peanut butter, white butter (homemade )for a snack or early dinner by 6-7 p.m.. This meal could be similar to lunch but with one of the above mentioned options.
- Eat seasonal sabzi or steamed veggies with a small bowl of khichdi by 9.pm.
- Stay active during the day and walk around as much as possible. Avoid sitting in one place for a long time.
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the pregnancy and post delivery stage.
- Be regular with your vitamin and mineral supplements